What is the Apple Volume Purchase Program?
The Apple Volume Purchase Program (VPP) allows organizations to:
- Purchase, share, and revoke App Store app licenses with devices in SimpleMDM.
- Push an App Store app to a device using SimpleMDM without prompting the device user to enter an Apple ID.
- Gain access to private B2B app store apps, shared with them by app developers.
How to Connect SimpleMDM to VPP
To connect your VPP account to SimpleMDM, you will download a token file from Apple's VPP portal and upload it to SimpleMDM.
Complete the following steps to link your VPP account:
- Sign into your account at the Apple VPP portal.
- Click the drop down button in the upper right of the screen and select "Account Summary".
- In the "Managed Distribution" section, click the "Download Token" link.
- Sign into your SimpleMDM account.
- Click "Apps" on the left hand side of the screen.
- Select the "VPP" tab.
- Click the "Add Token" button.
- Select the token file you downloaded in step 3 and click "Save".